All's quiet on the Western Front.......

Expertise and know-how available for all builders from Class Members

Moderators: admin, Kevin

All's quiet on the Western Front.......

Postby slowpoke » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:37 pm

Sure is quiet out there........Did Santa have to stop his build for a while so he could concentrate on making toys for the little ones? :D
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Re: All's quiet on the Western Front.......

Postby Chad » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 pm

That's MID western, on this front.

I'm battling serious depression as I see the lake temps fall, my allotment of warmer-than-arctic days diminishing, and my boat's legal docs stuck on some numpty's desk six hours away. To cope, I've started putting in full days of regular work. Looking for a support group, or program...
Chad

Postby slowpoke » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Or Alcohol? They say it doesn't freeze........
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Postby jray » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:48 am

The Twist is covered and put away up here in the NW. Freezing rain and snow in the forecast. I do have some new pictures from the last race this year that a friend took but have been waiting until full winter to share. Hope all is going well down there with your build, where it is still warm. Beer no matter how good it is will freeze if not properly cared for. :(
Jon
#061 Critical Twist
jray

Postby Tim Ford » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Have taken up frostbiting which is a stupid move on my part. I should have been painting but a ride came along on a hard-chine design that was first built in plywood, so, like...how could I resist?

CloseDW201.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Ford

Postby slowpoke » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Nice Pic!! Looks like a lake? I race again on 12/1 and again on 12/8. BRRRRRR!!!! :lol:
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Postby Tim Ford » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:03 pm

No, it's in the Magothy River, just above the Bay Bridge/Annapolis area...tucked into a creek that parallels the bay...the mainland is to the left and just above the boat's stern (Double Eagle) is the Boathouse for the "Yacht Squadron" (not a YC). To the right is Gibson Island which is very exclusive and only reachable by car from the causeway (shown in the pic) that is guarded 24/7 by a gatehouse.

It's a little ironic, for me, b/c the Island is as lovely as any place I've ever visited on Cape Cod, but not a place my family/ancestors would ever have access to. My great grandfather had an oyster boat berthed near here back in the late 1800's (a bugeye, which is like a larger, ketch-rigged skipjack). He and my grandfather and his sons would only have set foot on the island under threat of arrest...this actually happened to friends of mine who were cruising and went ashore there some years ago...within 2 minutes a cop or security guard told them to get back in their dink and scram. Bit of a kick racing there, for me, as my mongrel heritage would have been an impediment a few years back and may well still be!! :lol:

Have a great couple of December races, Rocky!! Is that on the Olson? Have fun and BE SAFE!
Tim Ford

Return to Building an i550