Hatch Opening

Expertise and know-how available for all builders from Class Members

Moderators: admin, Kevin

Hatch Opening

Postby r2heisch » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:57 pm

I can't seem to find much discussion about how to make the hatch opening. I am probably leaning toward a solid top piece in which the guides channel the water and maybe a vinyl covering for the side (verticle) opening. I am ready to install the cabin top now but am afraid to cut the opening until I have a good plan for the hatch. I was wondering what has worked well for some of you guys that have splashed a while ago.
r2heisch

Re: Hatch Opening

Postby Marino » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:56 pm

I am planning to make hatch, duel purpose. The opening will be covered with a removable pin down cover. When going out, a bag for the spinnaker will be pinned down in its place. Sorry, no pictures of the cover or spin bag. Will display when done. Pictures of where the tracks will be placed. They will be placed around the hatch opening and down on the front.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marino Zorz
Toronto, Ontario
Build License 307
Build log: http://photos.app.goo.gl/M2m7Afvf2f8p35nz5
Marino

Postby r2heisch » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:10 pm

That looks really nice. Thanks.
r2heisch

Postby Chad » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:15 am

I made a glass gutter/hatch support. I figured that was the easiest way to make it strong while impeding as little as possible into the opening.

This is my blog post about building the gutter, and the one after shows it trimmed and in place:
http://i550knotracing.blogspot.com/2012 ... s.html?m=1
Chad

Return to Building an i550