Race Photos

Tips from those who have sailed one!

Moderators: admin, Kevin

Re: Race Photos

Postby Tim Ford » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I just stumbled on to it and it's pretty darn entertaining, esp. around 4:00 min in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRyE3cf51OE

Impressive beating so many big boats to the weather mark, too!
Tim Ford

Postby admin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:24 pm

2 i550s in this year's Everglades Challenge, HOT CANARY purpose-built by the Gougeon Bros for this event and ALCHEMY, built by Jeff in Madison for more general purposes. (frames grabbed swiped from Simon Lew's FB post, apologiesto SImon)

Good luck to everyone!

hot canary EC2018.jpg

Alchemy EC 2018.jpg
Alchemy EC 2018.jpg (148.21 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:27 pm

Just a tuning session against a Flying Scot in very light air last night. We had decent speed against them on Starboard tack, much less so on Port, so we have to figure that out. Also have to figure out where my damn top batten is! :cry: The main looks like crap without it.

Spinn hoist was a CF of epic proportions, but it finally got sorted and even in such light air we had good boat speed. But we have a way to go when it comes to getting the best out of the boat in very light breeze, e.g., how much heel angle is fast and weight placement downwind.

I don't think I've had the kite up in the past 18-24 months...so all-in-all, not a bad night. Good to be sailing again!

PlaneRideJune30.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Racing an i550