Video of Shazza

Tips from those who have sailed one!

Moderators: admin, Kevin

Video of Shazza

Postby Shazza 273 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:06 am

SAGS race 23-4-11, two-up. Notice we didn't have enough tension on the jib at the time (we sorted that a little later), we've been given the same handicap as an Elliott 7.
The race was very enjoyable with a light breeze building from 6 to 12 knots over a couple of hours which was very manageable for the two of us wearing our I550 shirts with Shazza on the back. We will eventually get those i550 stickers for the main but haven't had the time yet. In the mean time we have been telling everyone who asks what it is, which is just about everyone who sees it. I especially like it when the big guys with nice race boats give the compliments as to what a great little boat they are after we come in from a race.

Not much action in the video but it was a really nice day for us which we thoroughly enjoyed so we wanted to share a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfiK6whYWMo
Shazza 273

Re: Video of Shazza

Postby slowpoke » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:14 am

Nice video of a nice day to get out on the water Josh! Thanks for sharing. By the way, are those reef points on your main? 8-)
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Postby Shazza 273 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Yep, those are reef points in the main. I can't see us ever needing them in the sort of breezes we will ever go out in.
Shazza 273

Postby jerome » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:47 am

what's up Josh ! Thanks for posting one of those nice sailing videos....After getting intoxicated by all the resin fumes (applied 2 wet on wet float coats yesterday) it was nice to watch some real sailing. And also because seeing you posting means you are back in business ;) . By the way, İ noticed you changed that floor mat of yours. No more blue, just screaming pink !!!!!!!!? Yeah İ know you love the stuff. Anyways, blue or pink what is this material you are using on your cockpit floor ? Cheers mate
Jerome
i550 -hull #270
Built in Turkey, Currently sailing in Sao Paulo , Brazil
jerome

Postby bendoo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:18 am

Damn Josh.....

Looks like a friggin great day!!

And yes, how cool is it when everyone wants to stop, look and admire your sweet little ride..."You built it??? Nice!!"
Worth every stinkin meranti splinter...and those bad boys are painful!!

CHEERS!!
Ben
bendoo

Postby Shazza 273 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:47 am

Jerome,
Nice to hear from you, keep at it you're so close to being in the water you can almost smell it :) The old blue floor was not up to the punishment (not a 'yacht' product) and along with a lot of other things it got ripped up pretty bad so it was easier to take the whole lot off and start again. The sexy new screaming pink is just paint with good old sugar thrown over it when it obviously wet, this has worked a treat on the deck and is lasting very well. We will change it again when we have more funds to get the $38m2 pro rubber flooring (high density and comes pre-glued, just peel off the backing and designed for our use).

Ben,
I've been reading about you--yep all bad :0. Keep up the good work! and yeah it was a great day we had. I hear you've been trying to break your boat also? in-between runs that make you face hurt cause your having so much fun you can't stop smiling? :)
Shazza 273

Postby Kevin » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Great video Josh. And very nice to see shazza on the water cruising along.

I used kiwi grip for my non-skid and it was super easy to apply and is holding up pretty well. It was very easy to apply and I got totally different textures depending on how I applied it. On the deck/seats I used a 3/8" nap roller and got a very light coating that doesn't rip the shorts. For the cockpit sole I just used the texture roller and got a much rougher texture (still barefoot-able, and fantastic with shoes on). I think it will patch pretty easily too (have to do some of that here real soon). Anyway, I'd recommend it.

Ben, don't remind me of those splinters....

Cheers, Kevin.
Kevin McDaniel
i550 #074 - PipeDream
Kevin

Return to Racing an i550