Any Partially Completed Boats Available?

Tips from those who have sailed one!

Moderators: admin, Kevin

Any Partially Completed Boats Available?

Postby Mist » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:23 am

I’ve been having a great time sailing my i550 in the lower Chesapeake Bay. Folks around here have expressed interest in sailing one. I’m certain that if I completed another boat someone would buy it and sail it. I’m currently constructing a trimaran and don’t want to start from scratch on another i550. If anyone knows of a partially complete boat that is available for purchase please let me know.

Tim K
Mist i550 #296 Tim K
Mist

Re: Any Partially Completed Boats Available?

Postby Tim Ford » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:47 pm

Tim, I'm giving serious consideration to selling mine. I just need a boat that's more suitable for single handing and capable of spending a weekend on, with some ballast and a bit more righting moment, capable of bay cruising.

Although it's "finished," there is some work to be done. Ideally, I'd pull the boat, put it in a heated shed or garage and do some repair on the keel box, which needs some repair as I still ship water through there at a rate of maybe half a gallon per hour.

Now that it's "cooler," I plan to do some cosmetic and painting on it. I may also dig into the keel box and see if I can keep the water on the other side of the hull!
Tim Ford

Postby Mist » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:25 am

Hey Tim F.

Don’t sell your boat. You got too much into it. Bring on down to my shop, let it dry out for awhile, we’ll fix it, and then you sail it in Shouthern Bay next spring.

Tim K
Mist i550 #296 Tim K
Mist

Postby Tim Ford » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:38 pm

Thanks for your generous offer! :lol:

My problem is, I absolutely detest driving. And that's a bit far away. I'm not sure what I'll do, frankly. First priority is to resurrect my trailer. It's an a friend's house on the eastern shore and I know it needs new hardware.

Keep ya posted and thanks again!
Tim Ford

Return to Racing an i550