Twained Monkey!

Talk about it.

Moderators: admin, Kevin

Twained Monkey!

Postby slowpoke » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:05 am

I got a chance to spend some time with Ben Doolittle today as he worked on his yacht for the Baja HaHa. We shared some stories about the difficulties we ran into during the build process. One of the stories he told me was that after he and several of his friends finally worked out the solution to a problem, they would ask themselves "How many men does it take to teach a monkey how to "throw" a football. This reminded me of an old sargeant major who used to tell us (he had a speech impediment, so he sounded like Elmer Fudd) "Wanger, yew can bwe wepwaced by a twained monkey." How this links in to the i550 is that it really isn't rocket science we're doing, so I just need to get off my ass and get it done.
Talking with Ben and the rest of you always inspires me, thank you! :D
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Re: Twained Monkey!

Postby micah202 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:46 am

rocky,,glad to hear ben and family are doing well,,living the dream!!
...I'll likely be coming that way early in '12,,what's the likelihood you'll have a boat t'sail,,
,,or will I be helpin' yer build it????,,either way,I'm on

...you live right in T??...the only one's I know who survive that are........oh never mind
i550 #240 ''carbon offset'',vancouver,BC,Canadah
......please be surre to user a resperarator ,espectially doing largger areasa of epoxy.
.....utherrwise,yerulll endap takling uhnd rithing rike ah do--NAHT GUD,ehnytime
micah202

Postby Shazza 273 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:09 am

slowpoke wrote:I got a chance to spend some time with Ben Doolittle today as he worked on his yacht for the Baja HaHa. We shared some stories about the difficulties we ran into during the build process. One of the stories he told me was that after he and several of his friends finally worked out the solution to a problem, they would ask themselves "How many men does it take to teach a monkey how to "throw" a football. This reminded me of an old sargeant major who used to tell us (he had a speech impediment, so he sounded like Elmer Fudd) "Wanger, yew can bwe wepwaced by a twained monkey." How this links in to the i550 is that it really isn't rocket science we're doing, so I just need to get off my ass and get it done.
Talking with Ben and the rest of you always inspires me, thank you! :D

Yeh Yeh, whatever Rocky, nice story. Now get off the bl&&dy computer and get sanding or something will yew ;)
Shazza 273

Postby slowpoke » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:32 pm

First, to micah, bring your longboards, we'll do some sanding first, then surfing. I actually live in the La Playas section of TJ, Kind of like a calm suburb, only 1 or 2 shootings a year!(lol) To Josh, I'm out there in the garage today, got one more panel to glue up, then on to the real business of putting it all together. Camera died somehow, so no pictures til I get a new one. How's the racing going guys?
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Postby Shazza 273 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:49 am

Good to hear Rocky.

Racing has been really good. St Helena Cup on the weekend was one race each to Tokyo Trash and Shazza which made for a very exciting weekend, lots and lots of drinks and lots of laughs--how it all should be ;) especially with 76 monohulls on a very long start line.
Shazza 273

Postby slowpoke » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:21 am

Great! When do we see the pictures? Got the transom lofted today, it helps to convert the decimal inches over to centimeters. Running out of wood to cut up, gonna have to beg more money from my wife!(lol) Good to hear from you again Josh, hope the new job's going well. Give the mrs. a hug and a kiss from me!
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Postby bendoo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:19 am

Rocky,
we are in LaPaz.....COOKIN W/ GAS thanks to you.....every bit of progress is gratifying...just keep plugging!
bendoo

Return to General i550 Chatter