How's 'Timber' doing??

Talk about it.

Moderators: admin, Kevin

How's 'Timber' doing??

Postby micah202 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:56 pm

.................anyone know if Tim R's in Cypress these days???

..........not knowing or having met personally,,,I'd be guessing that there's little I could do to help with passport documentation................. :?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
to undisclosed recipients
Posted Image
I am out of the country, Limassol, Cyprus at the moment, I am here for a Voluntary Training Program (VTP), and unfortunately I just had my bag stolen from me with my passport, personal effects and my phone. I have been trying to sort things out with the necessary authorities, I need some assistance from you.

Let me know if you can be of any help.
Tim
i550 #240 ''carbon offset'',vancouver,BC,Canadah
......please be surre to user a resperarator ,espectially doing largger areasa of epoxy.
.....utherrwise,yerulll endap takling uhnd rithing rike ah do--NAHT GUD,ehnytime
micah202

Re: How's 'Timber' doing??

Postby slowpoke » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:11 pm

It looks like Timber was hacked. This happened to my boss also. The worst part is after they spam your contacts, it erases your contact list so Tim can't even let us know he's been hacked!
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Postby Tim Ford » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:12 pm

I got one saying he was in London, drunk, disorderly and disheveled. Said he needed 500 bux.

I found it totally believable and sent him the dough.

--TF
Tim Ford

Postby jray » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Gave him a call this morning to let him know. Definitely hacked and is working on getting all the lost data back. I didn't get the London email, that's creative.
Jon
#061 Critical Twist
jray

Postby M&S » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:43 pm

This morning our yahoo email has been hacked. We of course, are not in Cyprus. We have changed all our security for yahoo & don't know if will get all our email messages back as this appears to be a widespread hack??? If you have emailed us recently or in the past, please email us again @ i550watershed@yahoo.com as our contacts have been completely deleted & we don't know how long or if we can recover all of our email. Our apologies to anyone who received spam. Thanks to all that alerted us of the attack this morning. You are true friends.
Also, thanks to the many of you that have sent their sympathies on the passing of Tim's father.
Susan & Tim
M&S

Postby slowpoke » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Tim Ford wrote:I got one saying he was in London, drunk, disorderly and disheveled. Said he needed 500 bux.

I found it totally believable and sent him the dough.

--TF

Help Tim, I'm in Tijuana, not drunk, and want a lot of money for Christmas so I can finish this tub I'm building! :lol:
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Postby M&S » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Those who know (Matt Broughton & The guy at the Apple Store in Durango) say don't trust Yahoo. This happens all the time & Matt says Gmail has double security measures.
Hey-T-Ford thanks for bailing out Tim from the London Pokey. Now, how about me?
Our New double secret probation email is i550sportboat@gmail.com.
Hope you are having a better day than us!
CHEERS!
Susan & Tim
M&S

Postby jray » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:24 am

Susan, I looked into your situation as I'm sure TF did. Seems your bond is substantially more then Tim's for some unexplained reason and it may take some time to gather the funds needed to spring you. A collection will soon be underway. ;)
Jon
#061 Critical Twist
jray

Postby micah202 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:18 pm

jray wrote:Susan, I looked into your situation as I'm sure TF did. Seems your bond is substantially more then Tim's for some unexplained reason and it may take some time to gather the funds needed to spring you. A collection will soon be underway. ;)

.......maybe have a 'sale' to raise funds!? :D
i550 #240 ''carbon offset'',vancouver,BC,Canadah
......please be surre to user a resperarator ,espectially doing largger areasa of epoxy.
.....utherrwise,yerulll endap takling uhnd rithing rike ah do--NAHT GUD,ehnytime
micah202

Postby noemar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:57 am

Has anyone heard from Tim or Sue .It seems they dropped out of the i550 world. Hope all is well.
noemar

Postby Tim Ford » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 am

very much alive a few days ago and there is a rumor that there is something BIG in the works!

big rilly big

but I do not know jack
Tim Ford

Postby lohwaikin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:06 am

Something really big,...like doing the Fastnet with an i550?

Cheers,
Loh Wai Kin
Hull #437 "Big Bad Wolf"
Singapore.
lohwaikin

Postby Chad » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:19 pm

My i550 hat is doing Transpac this summer...
Chad

Postby Tim Ford » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Cool. And my i550 hat is doing a race to Bermuda. We will spread the gospel all over the stinkin' PLANET!
yeah we will...
Tim Ford

Postby Chad » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Here's an article about the Phil's Foils guys building an i550 in this month's Professional Boatbuilder:
PB-i550.pdf
(663.84 KiB) Downloaded 298 times

Can't find any info on their site, and haven't heard/seen anything about it. I recall they have the Canadian i550 kit franchise?
Chad

Postby Chad » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:03 am

From the deafening cricket sound, mebbe this wasn't the big news?

-still, I'd love to see what the CCI fellas did. Maybe we should get them to come to Champlain at the end of summer?

Or, ?
Chad

Postby jray » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:14 am

When I got my copy and read the article, I dropped Tim a e-mail to let him know about it. Apparently from what Tim said, is liberties were taken in the writing of it. It is good to see the i550 in print again though. It is my understanding that Competition Composites haven't started their build yet.
Jon
#061 Critical Twist
jray

Postby Tim Ford » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:10 pm

You both subscribe to Professional Boatbuilder huh? Should I? Is it a must?
I think the key word in all this is "Ottawa," although, personally, I avoid sailing in any place with close proximity to rapids....

OttawaRiver.jpg
Tim Ford

Postby Chad » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:53 pm

The digital subscription is free if you can plausibly claim a boating angle to your work...

It occasionally has really great articles, and is certainly worth the price!
Chad

Postby M&S » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Timber is doing OK. I talked with Phil Locker at CCI and the author of the "information" got the phone number wrong, Dave Bradly's name wrong and the i550 is in planning stages, not begun, it is their personal project much like the Gougeon brothers West System build. CCI is our designated plywood kit cutter for Canada. But we did get into print....

On a personal note, some of you are aware that Jan Gougeon passed in December. He was a large part of the wood/epoxy renaissance. I will miss him.

Part of the goings on has been growing interest in Europe and a possible kit source from Northern Europe. The Russian kit cutter has a start on a group in Irkutsk on Lake Baikal.

Also we are engaged in talks about a serious proposition from Canada about GRP production. That's really all I can say at this time. TimF; it is upstream from the rapids.
TR
M&S

Postby noemar » Thu May 09, 2013 2:55 pm

The silence is deafing are you still active with the i550?
noemar
noemar

Return to General i550 Chatter