F YOU TREE...hull 87 is toast

Talk about it.

Moderators: admin, Kevin

F YOU TREE...hull 87 is toast

Postby Tim Ford » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:09 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report hull 87 succumbed to an 10 inch thick willow limb, that broke in 40 mph gusts over the weekend....sometime Sunday night/Monday morning. I didn't even hear it but my wife came up and woke me up at daybreak (I had the day off) and said, "I think something is wrong with the boat."

The limb must've gotten hung up such that it plunged base-first right through the coach roof, mashing frames 59 and what is it 118? Then it fell aft and took out the cockpit and keel box. I cannot even begin to fathom how this can be repaired.

in a word: shit.
Tim Ford

Re: F YOU TREE...hull 87 is toast

Postby strider » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Very sad to hear this. It is a risk we take I guess building boats of dead trees around the living ones, but what a sad end to your very good and hard work. I hope there is a way that either you can fix it or that somehow the insurance gods smile down on you and homeowners helps you out. Of Course, this is April 1st......in which case, .....I have perfectly legal Hull 336 - Elroy - available for a very small cost.
strider

Postby admin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:13 pm

I'm not sure which one to not believe....i550sailor's or this one.

Probably both.
admin
Site Admin

Postby micah202 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:30 pm

...hav'ta admit yer got me on it :? :D

...now the other one,,,I jusdunnow...I wouldn't put it past him to be splashing already.....the fastest build yet by far,,,and he was fairing 2-3 weeks ago! :roll:

...and what about SA,,,yer kidding me--I'll bet their sponsors are happy with that 'joke'
i550 #240 ''carbon offset'',vancouver,BC,Canadah
......please be surre to user a resperarator ,espectially doing largger areasa of epoxy.
.....utherrwise,yerulll endap takling uhnd rithing rike ah do--NAHT GUD,ehnytime
micah202

Postby admin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Yah, you're right, and the people who bought Classified, too. Maybe Scooter will give them a rebate for the one-day loss of performance, ya think?
admin
Site Admin

Postby micah202 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:09 am

...me's beginning to think th'SA things for real,,,,doesn't april fool's end mid-day,,,

,,,,,,,,,,then the 'joke's on you?

...........even scott's not that stupid!

.......in other news ,,I heard that (the creator of)MR CLEAN IS DEAD :shock:
......please be surre to user a resperarator ,espectially doing largger areasa of epoxy.
.....utherrwise,yerulll endap takling uhnd rithing rike ah do--NAHT GUD,ehnytime
micah202

Postby i550sailor@aol.com » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:23 am

micah202 wrote:.

...now the other one,,,I jusdunnow...I wouldn't put it past him to be splashing already.....the fastest build yet by far,,,and he was fairing 2-3 weeks ago! :roll:

...and what about SA,,,yer kidding me--I'll bet their sponsors are happy with that 'joke'

Thanks,, i pretty much lost the last month working on the boat, so working on the keel/rudder/tiller etc, with what little time I have right now. But plan on another big push right away.
i550sailor@aol.com

Postby micah202 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:03 am

i550sailor@aol.com wrote:
micah202 wrote:.

Thanks,, i pretty much lost the last month working on the boat, so working on the keel/rudder/tiller etc, with what little time I have right now. But plan on another big push right away.

...yeh,,it's pretty amazing how real-life always sneaks in there.....me's just shifted from winter to boat mode ,,weather got good,,,,-then- I got sick for my first time since september :(
micah202

Return to General i550 Chatter