Cruising

Talk about it.

Moderators: admin, Kevin

Cruising

Postby Mist » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:44 am

I’m planning a summer cruise in Lake Huron’s North Channel. June 24 through 26th. It’s a long story but my dates are firm. I’ll likely be solo. Anyone else interested?
Mist i550 #296 Tim K
Mist

Re: Cruising

Postby Tim Ford » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Interesting. Do you mean in Mist? I've always wanted to do a stretch of the French River Provincial, as a kid I used to go to Lake Nippissing and the headwaters of the French...gorgeous area (with very few gorges).

That's just 3 days, which seems short. Is that because you are factoring in driving time on both ends?

I'm not doing anything offshore this season, in anticipation of a transat in 2019, so this could be a nice fill-in....can you provide a few more details?
Tim Ford

Postby Mist » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Yup, in Mist. Right again, 3-days on the water. I know that’s short, but the best I can do with drive times from Virginia. Plus, I think 3-days on Mist alone will be plenty. My only real concern is getting the boat on and off trailer by myself. I plan to be on water the 24th, out of water 26th, and drive to Kalamazoo (Gull Lake) 27th. I’m working on the rest of the details.
Mist i550 #296 Tim K
Mist

Postby Tim Ford » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:08 am

Wow, that's VERY tempting. You know me as a no-show, mainly, so I accept your skepticism, but when it's OPB, that's a different story. :lol:

So, you'd go Sudsbury and south to splash, and then Soo and south on I-75 to get to Gull Lake? I could fly home from the Big D I reckon.

Let me know if you get a better offer, someone younger and brawnier, but I know the North Country and can tolerate a ton of flies (but the shadflies are a bit of a reach)
Tim Ford

Return to General i550 Chatter