G'bye folks....

Talk about it.

Moderators: admin, Kevin

G'bye folks....

Postby micah202 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:52 pm

Hmm, I don't think there's an emoticon that expresses the combination of sadness and joy I'm feeling,,, just sold my boat 'Carbon Offset', to a couple of fellows in Vancouver, BC.
They're planning to sail from Jericho Sailing center, so expect to see some refinements in ramp launching of i550's.
I immediately feel sadness of losing direct access to the boat,, but of course the reality of my replacement knees is such that I'll never really get to fully sail the boat again, as it can,should be sailed.
I have say, there seems to be something in the air these days,, I literally had 1/2 dozen inquiries this week, after reposting the ad. People generally shy away from the 'plywood boat' idea, until these guys, who had built a Farrier in the past, and are more familiar with the possibilities of a mahogany ply, epoxy build.
i550 #240 ''carbon offset'',vancouver,BC,Canadah
......please be surre to user a resperarator ,espectially doing largger areasa of epoxy.
.....utherrwise,yerulll endap takling uhnd rithing rike ah do--NAHT GUD,ehnytime
micah202

Re: G'bye folks....

Postby micah202 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:54 pm

Anyone building in the NW?

I've got a full keel casting available, ready for installation.

Price?...$150...can deliver through Portland.

Let me know by PM, I'll send you pics.
i550 #240 ''carbon offset'',vancouver,BC,Canadah
......please be surre to user a resperarator ,espectially doing largger areasa of epoxy.
.....utherrwise,yerulll endap takling uhnd rithing rike ah do--NAHT GUD,ehnytime
micah202

Postby Tim Ford » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:54 pm

Take it easy, brother, good having you go through the trails and tribulations of the i550! I hope you get another 40 years or 500,000 miles, whichever comes first, outta them there new knees!

And good to hear there's a market for the boat, I hope you referred the "too late" people to Jray's boat in MT...heck, just a short drive from Vancouver, right? :-)

take care mate!
Tim Ford

Postby Watershed » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:13 am

I second all the warm regards. You have added a lot to the class.
TR
Watershed

Return to General i550 Chatter