Carbon Offset for sale

Talk about it.

Moderators: admin, Kevin

Carbon Offset for sale

Postby bendoo » Thu May 12, 2011 6:35 am

Thought I would let you guys know I have listed Carbon Offset for sale. Kind of a bummer to have to let her go, but the timing is right for us to go cruising this fall so I thought I better list it sooner rather than later.
Anyone interested in bypassing the splinters and long boarding can get a fully equipped race ready i550 (PHRF SF rated 120 or class legal) and trailer to sail NOW! I am asking $22,500 OBO.
If somebody in this area wants it, and wants to do the Delta Ditch run, I'll take $500 bucks off the top AND bring the beer if I can crew!!
PM me, EM at bendoolittle@hotmail.com, check www.bensboogers.blogspot.com for build details or call me at (916)470-9446.
Ben
bendoo

Re: Carbon Offset for sale

Postby slowpoke » Fri May 13, 2011 3:38 am

Keep sailing her, Ben. The best advertising is someone seeing her out there on the water!
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Postby bendoo » Fri May 13, 2011 6:26 am

ABSOLUTELY......let me know when you are coming up for a ride!
bd
bendoo

Postby bendoo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Still sailing, and dropping the price to $16,500 OBO....Hard to build one for much less. House is for sale...everything must go so we can!!

A quote from SA in the Delta Ditch thread, "You (Carbon Offset) were picking off boats like they were standing still...." This boat goes!!! (And that was from the Open 5.70 we passed)

Call because you know you want to (we'll figure out a way to explain it to your wife later...."Honey, you know that boat I want to build in the garage? Well I've got good news and bad news...good news is I'm not going to build it....)

(916)470-9446

Ben
bendoo

Postby bendoo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:46 am

hey all...price now at $13,500...would love to get someone into this boat!!

Call me 916-479-9446.......

I love this boat...next owner will too!!

bd
bendoo

Postby bendoo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Now down to $9,500 OBO......Delta Dinghy Ditch coming up in a week....YAHOO!

Ben
bendoolittle@hotmail.com
bendoo

Postby Tim Ford » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Wow, that's a great price! I'll put the boat on nbayracing...maybe someone in these parts wouldn't mind a little road trip...
Tim Ford

Postby bendoo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:21 am

Priced right also because MY attraction to the class was BUILDING the dang thing.....if I wanted a fun boat, I could go get a Moore 24 or something for the same price...I wanted to BUILD it....and I knew when it came time to sell, that most folks looking at this boat are thinking the same thing.
It's all good....someone will be happy when they pick it up....Gawd knows I will be too!
bd
bendoo

Postby micah202 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:40 pm

...sold!!,,or 99.9% done,anyways....after watching all the toil on Ben's and other blogs,,I feel a bit sheepish bypassing building a boat for now,,but am excited to be able to get on the water and join the soon-to-be northwest fleet.,and feel somewhat less guilty with Ben and his family living the dream and going cruising.

...I'm making this early announcement so that any enthusiasts(or lurkers) on the westcoast can book a test-sail,,and try out the boat.I'll be heading north from sacramento ~sunday(aug28),,through to vancouverBC via the gorge-just let me know if you want a ride!
i550 #240 ''carbon offset'',vancouver,BC,Canadah
......please be surre to user a resperarator ,espectially doing largger areasa of epoxy.
.....utherrwise,yerulll endap takling uhnd rithing rike ah do--NAHT GUD,ehnytime
micah202

Postby bendoo » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:08 am

The more I discussd this w/ Micah, the sadder I became about losing my baby. It is awesome that is going to someone so stoked on the Kool-Aid.
Hopefully we find some breeze around here Saturday to show Micah what the boat can do.
Best to you all!!!
Ben
bendoo

Postby jerome » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:11 am

That is good news for the both of you.
Micah, congratulations for purchasing such a nice boat ! Keep racing it and updating us with good sailing stories.
Ben, same to you buddy. Send us pictures of desert islands and blue waters to feed our dreams to do the same...
Jerome
i550 -hull #270
Built in Turkey, Currently sailing in Sao Paulo , Brazil
jerome

Postby micah202 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:19 pm

bendoo wrote:The more I discussd this w/ Micah, the sadder I became about losing my baby. It is awesome that is going to someone so stoked on the Kool-Aid.
Hopefully we find some breeze around here Saturday to show Micah what the boat can do.
Best to you all!!!Ben

...road trip-leaving tomorrow for sacramento.I let some kiteboard guys in sac know -maybe we'll be doing some pony rides,ben!
.....if you're still around in the fall some,,you should come up to the gorge when the PDX mob hopefully have 2 and 3 going,,,want to have a little 4 boat group-sail if they splash in time.
........yeah I'm stoked,,but have a tough time with that jim jones koolaid reference,,,,,last thing I think of with i550's is poison :oops:
......please be surre to user a resperarator ,espectially doing largger areasa of epoxy.
.....utherrwise,yerulll endap takling uhnd rithing rike ah do--NAHT GUD,ehnytime
micah202

Postby msilverton » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:57 pm

micah202 wrote:...I'm making this early announcement so that any enthusiasts(or lurkers) on the westcoast can book a test-sail,,and try out the boat.I'll be heading north from sacramento ~sunday(aug28),,through to vancouverBC via the gorge-just let me know if you want a ride!

So if I read this correctly, you're based in Vancouver BC?

Mike
msilverton

Postby micah202 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:09 pm

msilverton wrote:
micah202 wrote:...I'm making this early announcement so that any enthusiasts(or lurkers) on the westcoast can book a test-sail,,and try out the boat.I'll be heading north from sacramento ~sunday(aug28),,through to vancouverBC via the gorge-just let me know if you want a ride!

So if I read this correctly, you're based in Vancouver BC? Mike

...that's right ,,are you in the area?..oh yeah,you're in Nanaimo,we've alraedy been communicating.
...it'd be great if you want to hit the water sometime......

...did you get intouch with the other nanaimo guy?

......Overall,,it's looking like 4 or 5 builds in progress in BC,,,so the NW is looking good!
micah202

Postby bendoo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:46 am

Carbon Offset is headed north.....I will miss her dearly and all of you who have been so supportive.

Now driving to SD to (hopefully) take delivery of a Catalina 38....pack the family into our new little fiberglass tuna box and go see the world.

Best to all of you...keep building, the boat is a joy to sail!

Thanks for everything.....

Doolittle, signing off.
bendoo

Return to General i550 Chatter