Not an i550 (yet!)

Talk about it.

Moderators: admin, Kevin

Not an i550 (yet!)

Postby slowpoke » Tue May 17, 2011 2:32 am

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm back on the water, crewing on an Olson 30 out of San Diego Harbor. First race is this Sat, 21 May, then I'll be doing wet Wednesdays and the occasional coastal race. Thank God!!!!
Being out on the water makes me want to get my build done even more, I want to show the owner of this olson what a REALLY fast boat can do!!!
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Re: Not an i550 (yet!)

Postby Chad » Tue May 17, 2011 2:40 am

Yeah, good stuff, I've been jonesing as I go through a dry patch myself. There's a coupla regular rides laid up for various reasons, and I've been having to decline others due to house crap going on. But I'm Racing to Catalina this weekend, some bacchanal activity overnight, then racing/recovering back on Sunday. Definitely looking forward to the racing, and hope I can keep up for the other activities!
Chad

Postby admin » Tue May 17, 2011 3:10 pm

You bring up an interesting dilemma, Slowpoke....if you are racing, you are not building. If you are building, you feel like racing. But then you go racing and feel guilty for not building. Then, well....you get the drift.

I have already over-committed to racing this season. Guess I need to buy some more lighting and some mosquito netting and work all night long. Oh yeah, earplugs and white noise machines for all the neighbs. Bennies and dexxies to stay up, barbies and tranks to go to sleep, detox centers, shrinks and undertakers...this could get expensive!
admin
Site Admin

Postby jayhefty » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:03 am

time enough to sleep when we are dead
Jay
ho'opilikia
jayhefty

Postby Tim Ford » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Jay, that's the tagline to our big boat program ("Sail Fast, Drink Hard, Sleep When You're Dead"...or something like that, my crew shirt is in the wash)
Tim Ford

Return to General i550 Chatter