Cabin and rough weather

Talk about it.

Moderators: admin, Kevin

Cabin and rough weather

Postby smilicus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:37 am

Hi guys

A few questions that probably already popped up on the forums that I might have missed.

1. Have any of you taken time to photograph the inside of your i550 (long cabin) with a person in to give one a more realistic view of how big(small) it really is.
2. Up to force what can the i550 handle safely....the weather here can change quite rapidly and would hate it to be out weather picking up whule heading back and feel unsafe.

Thanks guys

smilicus
http://sailingcatch22.blogspot.com
smilicus

Re: Cabin and rough weather

Postby admin » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:13 pm

I have a short cockpit version, so I can't help ya there. As far as the rough weather, I think Andrew has a post on the .org forum where he sailed the boat back in 25-30, but I might be mis-remembering this epsiode.
admin
Site Admin

Postby bendoo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:35 am

I've sailed DW in confirmed 30 knots, (no chute thank you) "chickened jibed" at mark and sailed a close reach (w/ a fair amount of depowering the main to relieve tension....the boats AND mine) w/ success....chop was not huge, but eastside/backside of SF Bay so definitely NOT flat water (3-4 foot chop, fairly steep). The boat was just fine. I was nervous as hell. :shock:
Ben
bendoo

Postby slowpoke » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:40 am

Sounds like one to tell the grandkids about, ben!
Rocky Shelton
Slowpoke, #288
Tijuana, Mexico
slowpoke

Return to General i550 Chatter