...'CarbonOffset's for sale....

Sell, barter or give away your stuff (including boats)

Moderators: admin, Kevin

...'CarbonOffset's for sale....

Postby micah202 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:45 pm

.....arrr,DARN...it's looking like Bellingham was my last i550 event ,,I've had an on/off issue with arthritic knees for the past few years,with a chunk of bone floating around,,,,but now it's both hips and knees and thumbs,,,and the aggravation I got 2 1/2 weeks ago leaves me still barely able to walk :( ........sure there's therapy to be had,,and I'll find a new balance and strength in a couple of years after surgery's happened,,,but methinks that new balance won't include sailing the 550...a hiking sportboat puts a fair bit of load on the knees,,and as a competitive dinghy racer there's no way I'll be able to modify that behavior in the heat of the moment,sooooo..........

.....Carbon Offset is for sale in the NW
...this is an excellent opportunity for you to have a turn-key entry into the growing NW fleet. Sure it's the 'cobbled boat' of the fleet,,but it's also proven itself to be equally competitive to the rest of the group ;)

................... if you're interested,,drop me a message
Last edited by micah202 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i550 #240 ''carbon offset'',vancouver,BC,Canadah
......please be surre to user a resperarator ,espectially doing largger areasa of epoxy.
.....utherrwise,yerulll endap takling uhnd rithing rike ah do--NAHT GUD,ehnytime
micah202

Re: ...'CarbonOffset's for sale....

Postby admin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Oh no, say it ain't so!

1) really sorry to hear about the physical issues....getting old truly and sincerely sucks.

2) the i550 community will be losing one of our most energetic and visible spokesman for the boat!

I have one word for you: cortisone.
admin
Site Admin

Postby micah202 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:20 pm

admin wrote:Oh no, say it ain't so!

1) really sorry to hear about the physical issues....getting old truly and sincerely sucks.

2) the i550 community will be losing one of our most energetic and visible spokesman for the boat!

I have one word for you: cortisone.

....yah,,,it's a sad thing to have to 'let go' of this part of my life,,,but I'm hoping by removing a hiking sportboat,,I'll be able to do a lot of fun things relatively painfree....maybe my US25 leadmine will see the water again after ~7 years of drystorage ---there's some wonderful cruising areas in these parts.
....I think overall,,hiking an i550 isn't as bad as I'm making it sound...a problem for me is that other than ultramarathon in my 20's,,,10 years of treeplanting,,10 years of Finn sailing,,30 years of laser racing,,,,my knees just don't have much left in 'em,,,,and in the heat of racing I tend to do an extended-hike off my toes--which makes little to no difference on an i550 but double-loads the knees........for others ,I'd suggest a simple droop-hike shouldn't be a problem.

...yeh it sounds like cortisone will be helpful,,but not sooo much for the loose chunk of bone that's floating around and jambing :? :cry:
......please be surre to user a resperarator ,espectially doing largger areasa of epoxy.
.....utherrwise,yerulll endap takling uhnd rithing rike ah do--NAHT GUD,ehnytime
micah202

Postby Tim Ford » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:21 pm

I hear you, brother. The price we pay for having treated our bodies like an amusement park for the past 40 -50 years. Take it easy and mend up!
Tim Ford

Postby micah202 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Tim Ford wrote:I hear you, brother. The price we pay for having treated our bodies like an amusement park for the past 40 -50 years. Take it easy and mend up!

.....thanks,mon...I just finished my last day of work for at least a few weeks--hopefully it's all UP from here! ;)
micah202

Postby micah202 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:00 pm

.....Carbon Offset is still available.

..I'm actually planning a road trip east in April, so don't let delivery issues get in the way! :D ;)
micah202

Return to i550 "Class"ified